It's Monday
It's Monday. The weight of life is on me right now. I have to be honest, I'm not anxious for this move that's ahead of me. Not a bit. I am anxious that the Lord has a plan. I'm anxious that He's got a direction for us. I am not anxious about busting my back on boxes, bags, and burden. Ugh!
I spent the day trying. I was trying. I wasn't succeeding much. I packed one closet. (One thing down. 25 to go.) Tomorrow, I have to kick butt. I have to tear it up in three or four rooms... not one.
Through all this, I have to know that God is in control. I have to know that the Lord is on our side. I have to know that He's ordering our steps. How earnestly, I yearn to have the
prayers of the saints around me right now. I need to be lifted up. I need strength.I am not afraid of my new church. I am not afraid of the people. I am afraid of the newness. I'm afraid of the learning. It takes some time to get into the swing of things.
We've been blessed with a wonderful new church. It's a great place to be. Out in the country. Away from the hustle and bustle. It's a wonderful place for children, and for living. The pace is slower. There are huge live oaks with moss weighing heavily on each branch. Behind our parsonage, is a lovely pond... full of snooks. (Snakes.)
Our church is a beautiful facility. It's not a mammoth facility. Not a huge piece of property. But God is there. There is such a peace and a beauty in that little sanctuary. The music is comprised of the classic Pentecostal hymns of the faith... complete with the call-up choir, and the proper southern musicians. And there's a comfort in that for me. Believe it or not. It's very much like HOME. The building in the foreground is the fellowship hall. The building in the background is the sanctuary. The property is lovely, and maintained well. This is a people who loves their church, and wants the best for their people.I was thrilled to be honest. I received an email from my Clerk/C.E. Director today, telling me about services Sunday. This church had been running significantly lower than normal (in the 40's to 50's). Sunday, there were 71 present. The week before for homecoming, it had been 119.
I had begun planning for a Fall Festival for the new church, because in my mind, if I had not planned it, it would not get done. So I began the planning. Came up with a theme, and a flyer. Decided to call it the FALL COUNTRY FAIR. I was told today that the people have a fall fest planned already. The weight was off of me. That's a refreshing change. And they are already planning the Children's Christmas Production - what a great thing!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home