Connecting Points

Saturday, October 07, 2006

The stress is making me fat

I do it. I eat my problems. I wish I didn't. But I do. The stress of my situation, causes me to eat. I respond to stress by packing it in, when I know that's not the right thing to do.

I have just polished off a large quantity of candy, and a bowl of raisin bran. It's 10 p.m. I guess it's the stress of knowing what tomorrow holds. It's my last Sunday at Elton Woods.

I knew that it would be a difficult move. I knew that it would break hearts on all sides. It's a necessary thing. But last Sunday was such an emotional rollercoaster. To have to face those faces tomorrow will be overwhelming.

We'll have a service. We'll have a goodbye dinner. And then we'll have another service.

I want to do God's will. I sincerely believe this is it. But it's still hard. I don't want to move. I don't want to leave people that I care about. With the weight of this, it's going to be hard to get a word for this new group of people. And how DO you get a word for a people that you don't yet know. How do you hear the heart of God for them?

I have prayed more than ever before. I have sought the Lord. I have fasted. I have cried, and believed... and have done my best to exercise my faith. I've done my best. Now I just have to take the step, and believe.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home